Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies | St. Antony's College
- Muslim politics
- Clerical networks
- Religious institutions and governance
- Islamic Studies
Islamists in Exile
For the M.Phil in Modern Middle East Studies
- Ismail, R 2021, Rethinking Salafism: The Transnational Networks of Salafi ‘Ulama in Egypt, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Ismail, R 2016, Saudi Clerics and Shi‘a Islam, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Ismail, R 2023, ‘Al-Azhar and the Salafis in Egypt: Contestation of Two Traditions’, The Muslim World Journal. https://doi.org/10.1111/muwo.12455
- Ismail, R 2019, ‘Reclaiming Saudi Salafism: The Saudi Religious Circles and the Threat of ISIS’, Journal of Arabian Studies, vol, no. 2, pp. 164-181.
- Ismail, R 2016, ‘The Saudi ‘Ulama and the Syrian Civil War’, in Amin Saikal (ed.), The Arab World and Iran: A Turbulent Region in Transition, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, pp. 83-102.